General Senior Scholarship Application Extensive Info
This application automatically considers you for several local scholarships, including the EMS ISD Education Foundation Merit, Max and Mollie Newcom Memorial scholars, PTO’s/PTA’s, the John and Elaine Craft Honors, Frank and Vandolyn Roszell, Carmen and Richard Kunselman Swim, Martha Pittenger Memorial, Art Wilcox Memorial, Eagle Mountain Retired Teachers, Al David Griffin Memorial, ATPE, Dennis and Angie Haar, Lexi White Memorial Scholarships, Lexi White Trailblazer, Dalton Bailey Memorial, ADK, Bemis Family Dental, Jostens, Mary Lee and Weldon Hafley Honors, Yvonne and Bill Flippo Academic Scholar, TX Health Harris Methodist-Alliance, Community Link Mission, Mike and Janet Greene scholarships, and many-many more!
We have made this process easy for you. You only need to complete this single application to be eligible for all of our local scholarships, which generally range from $500 to $1,000+. Scholarships are read by diverse panels of judges with various backgrounds seeking to pair a student with the perfect scholarship to help them succeed. The criteria for selecting recipients varies from scholarship to scholarship. For example, some scholarships are awarded based upon grades and test scores, while others are considered for extra-curricular activities and citizenship, so please answer each question with as much detail as possible. These scholarships may also be awarded to students interested in a particular field of study (i.e. education), for example, the Texas Epsilon Omicron Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa Scholarship (ADK). This scholarship is available to students that want to pursue a degree in education. By ensuring that you include information that you are pursuing a college degree in the field of education, this scholarship might be compatible. The Texas Epsilon Omicron Chapter of Alpha Delta Kappa is part of an international honorary organization of women educators dedicated to educational excellence, altruism and world understanding. One of the many purposes of Alpha Delta Kappa is to promote education by providing scholarships in the field of education. Our Texas Epsilon Omicron Chapter of ADK provides four $500 scholarships to qualifying graduating seniors.
Please consider applying for FASFA and specific community college and university scholarships in addition to this local scholarship application. FASFA opens up in October, so begin that process early and be the first to apply. After you graduate be sure to invest time in reapplying for FASFA every October.
The application is located as an assignment in Canvas. You will follow the link below to access the application. FINAL DUE DATE is February 23, 2021. We have extended this date due to the 2021 wide-spread power outages that disrupted Texas households. In order to accommodate each applicant, we decided to extend the application deadline to Tuesday, Feb. 23rd, 2021.
The PTO awards scholarships with one exception. You must be a member of PTO or a parent must be a member. Before beginning this application, check the status of your family membership if wanting to be considered for one of their scholarships. We have included a link for you to join either the Eastside or Westside PTO for your convenience.
Application Tools; Before you begin:
- Gather your 4-year class scheduling data (skyward).
- Collect extra-curricular, work and volunteer data to answer questions (hours and dates).
- Be prepared to submit a list of notable accolades (awards from your high school years).
- Team up, have a parent aide you on answering the financial sections.
- Practice writing the essay answers to better understand what you want to show the reader about yourself. Include your accolades, struggles, ambitions and triumphs. Always have a second (or third) proof reader. “Grammor and complete thoughts are… (catch that?) This is critical, the readers want to know you, so now is your chance! You have just a few essays to tell them who you are. Be compelling and clear.
- Select teachers to evaluate your performance as a college-ready student and give them ample time to complete by the deadline (ask them now, today). Make sure this teacher knows you well and can speak to your strengths. You will invite them to fill out a teacher recommendation on your behalf. You need 2 of these. You can ask them today, even if you haven’t started your application.
- Hand written applications do not follow instructions or guidelines. If you do not own a home computer or have been issued a laptop from the district, please utilize school library computers, public library computers and other resources with in your area. This application is accessed through CANVAS.
Students pursuing a culinary arts field of study that wish to apply for the Chef Laurent Champalle Memorial Scholarship must complete this additional form and return to Chef Natale at HCTC. The student application must be completed and turned into a school counselor with one exception, 2 teacher recommendation forms are not necessary for this specific scholarship eligibility.
Students in 8th grade attending Creekview Middle School, are eligible for the 8th Grade Merit Scholarship honoring Anthe Anagnostis. Please click on the link below and apply for this scholarship.